The following diet was given to me from a very well known Amish healer and is published in it's entire authenticity.
Any human body with a serious degenerative condition needs a prioritized diet to deliver maximum food energy to it so that repair and regeneration may take place. The following diet is designed to deliver optimum amounts and ratios of protein, carbohydrates, fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- All white sugar and sugar products must be eliminated from the diet. This includes all foods such as cake, cookies, candy, candy bars, sweetened cereals, sweetened drinks, sweetened fruit juices, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, sweet teas, etc.
- White floor and all products made with white floor must be eliminated.
- White potatoes, because of the adverse effect they have on blood sugar, should not be used.
- Bread and other baked goods should only be used if and as indicated below.
- No junk food(or "fast -foods") such as French fries, hamburgers, pizza, etc. should be eaten.
- All nuts, except coconut, almonds and Pinole nuts, are excluded, because they are difficult to digest.
- If any dried fruits are used, they should first be soaked in distilled water for 24 hours before using.
- All meats are eliminated unless otherwise indicated below.
- Breakfast: One(1) egg should be used for breakfast at least four(4) times per week. The following cooked cereals should be used: oatmeal, grits, cream of rye, millet, cream of of rice, or any mixed grain cooked cereal, such as 7-grain cereal. Some fresh fruit may be used with breakfast, such as grapefruit, orange, grapes, pineapple, pear, kiwi, mango, apple, cantaloupe, cherries, or peaches. Try to use a different one each day, and use variety. These fruits can be used with the noon meal as well.
- Lunch: Lunch should be a substantial meal- the largest meal of the day. It can consist of a variety of any of the foods indicated below.
- Supper: Supper should be a very small, light meal. A vegetable soap or salad is a good choice.
The following foods may be used as indicated:
- One(1) serving of asparagus three(3) times per week
- One(1) serving of beets daily
- Heinz sweet pickles(or juice) may be used
- A leafy green salad with a variety of vegetables should be used two(2) times daily
- Olive oil should be used daily. (This can be made into a salad dressing.)
- Avocados may be used three(3)times per week.
- Pears may be used(4) times per week.
- Cherries may be used four(4) times per week
- Fruit juices can be used between meals.
- Coconut and Pinole nuts may be used four(4) times per week
- Hominy be used four (4) times per week.
- Yogurt may be used daily.
- One-half (1/2) cup cottage cheese three (3) times per week.
- Blackstrap molasses should be used daily.
- One (1) slice of bread (whole wheat) is allowed a day. This is best if toasted.
- Cornbread may be used four (4) times per week
- Biscuits may be used three (3) times per week.
- Chicken gravy (made with "free-range" chicken) is allowed two (2) times per week
- Northern ocean fish may be used two (2) times per week
- Flax seeds should be used daily.
- Fat-free skim milk, 8 to 16 oz. per day.
- Herbal teas may be used with meals.
- Real butter is OK.
Make a point to include the following VEGETABLES in your diet: cucumbers, green beens, carrots, mustard, ripe olives, asparagus, avocados, beets, okra, peppers, onions, garlic, radish, lettuce, turnips and greens, broccoli, tomatoes, squash, sweet corn, and sweet potatoes.
70% of your vegetables should be cooked. 30% should be eaten raw.
Make a point to include the following FRUITS in your diet: apples, pears, plums, watermelon, mangos, grapes, cherries, pineaple, cranberries, peaches, kiwi, apricots, blueberries, oranges, and grapefruit.
Avoid stuffing! Eat only an amount sufficient to satisfy.
EXERCISE is very important! Walking is probably the best form of exercise. If you are too week to take a long walk, take a 5-minute walk, 6-12 times per day.
Get at least 30 minutes of SUNSHINE, 2 times per day. (In the summer, avoid sunburns.)
You should sing or do deep breathing several times every day in order to get more oxygen into your system.